Windows versions FactWork supports
- Windows 10 Version 20H2 (requires FactWork from Version 11.1)
- Windows 10 Version 2004 (requires FactWork from Version 11.1)
- Windows 10 Version 1909 (requires FactWork from version 10.7)
- Windows 10 Version 1903 (requires FactWork from version 10.7)
- Windows 10 Version 1809 (requires FactWork from version 10.5)
- Windows 10 Version 1803 (requires FactWork from version 10.5)
- Windows 10 Version 1709 (requires FactWork from version 10.3)
- Windows 10 Version 1703 (requires FactWork from version 10.0)
Dear FactWork user,
the use of Windows 10 as an operating system under FactWork means a new challenge for F.EE as a software manufacturer:
With Windows 10, Microsoft is discontinuing the evolution of the operating system through new versions. There will only be more updates available to users on the fly. The time to install a new update is determined by the respective user or administrator.
Already in the current test phase, we had to realize that an update can have serious consequences for the functionality of FactWork: Microsoft had added a new DLL, the fwbase.dll, in Windows 10. Since FactWork used a DLL with the same name, FactWork was no longer executable after importing the update.
For this reason, it becomes clear that we can only assess the ability to run and the correct functioning of FactWork with a new update of Windows 10 after appropriate tests. We will communicate the last released version of Windows 10 on our homepage www.factwork.de.
We recommend that you install only FactWork-released Windows 10 updates. Installing an unreleased update may cause FactWork to become inoperable or affect your company data in FactWork. It goes without saying that our specialists are also available to assist you in such a case. Please note, however, that any support or recovery effort for damaged data resulting from such a situation is not covered by an existing FactWork hotline contract, but will be billed separately.
Please also inform your employees and colleagues.
Your FactWork team